Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mission

Hi there! My name is Carol, and I love to read. In fact, I've been doing it since before I ever started school, a verifiable gozillion years ago. I'm not picky, I'll read most anything you stick in front of my face with the one exception of historical romance. You know...the ones with Fabio-type hunks on the cover who are all about deflowering virgins? Don't get me wrong, I have resorted to those in the past, but they no longer hold any interest for me.

Anyway...my son has a friend who is constantly amazed that every time he comes to visit I'm reading something new. What is it with kids these days? My son loves to read, but I doubt he would actually admit that to anyone besides me. His friend? I doubt he's ever read a book that wasn't forced on him by a teacher or professor. He once asked me how many books I read in a year, and I couldn't honestly answer him so that's what this blog is about. Not a review, simply a chronicle with commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment