Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cormac McCarthy

OK, I admit it...Oprah has pretty good taste in books. I had never heard of Cormac McCarthy until Oprah's book club read The Road. I must not have been paying attention, because everyone has heard of All the Pretty Horses, right? And I've seen the movie No Country for Old Men, but had no clue of the book. (LOVED the movie! Coen brothers and Tommy Lee Jones together...how could you go wrong?!)

Anyway, I'm a little over 100 pages into The Road. It's very dark, very depressing, and I'm struggling with it even though I appreciate Mr. McCarthy's writing style. If I can make it through this book, I will probably go back and read the border trilogy but at this point I have to ask does Cormac McCarthy write anything happy?

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post, don't know if it went thru. I read this book a while back and hated it. I usually give a book 100 pages, but gave this one the whole book and wish I had all that time back. It was so depressing. Did you finish it?

    ReplyDelete